Happy New Year!
The Chronicle rounded up 5 educational technology experts and asked them what we should expect in 2014. You can read the article here. What are we planning on for 2014 at Connecticut College? This year will be an exciting one as we plan for the renovation of Shain library, and we plan on providing more support and services to faculty than ever before. Here’s a sneak preview…
- Offering more workshops throughout the academic year. Check out our current lineup for Spring 2014 that includes the following topics: using iPads for research and teaching, flipped classroom, Evernote, and student research skills.
- We plan to hold the ever popular Tempel Summer Institute again. Look for a call for proposals later this spring.
- The inaugural year of the Technology Fellows Program, where faculty fellows will will explore innovative applications of digital technology to curricula for the purpose of enhancing pedagogy and improving the classroom experience.
- Creating a library of common instructional technology strategies and how-to’s available to faculty at Connecticut College.
- More thoughtful and inspiring videos from your colleagues in our ‘Talking Technology’ video series.
- Finally, keep up with news from Information Services on Twitter. Follow us!